I don’t know about you, but when I eat alone, on weeknights, I do not want to start cooking a complicated meal. I like eating healthy meals that take the least amount of time to prepare. Since I prepare my ingredients over the weekend, I always have ingredients ready to combine for a quick dinner. One of my favorite ways to have a meal ready in minutes is to make a healthy bowl. Depending on the sauce you use, you can make a Buddha bowl, a burrito bowl or a dragon bowl. Here is the general recipe to make a healthy bowl, which you can totally customize according to your preferences and what you have at home.
The components of a perfect healthy bowl:
- A starchy food: Rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, barley.
- Raw vegetables: Cucumber, carrot, cabbage, micro-shoots, avocado.
- Cooked vegetables: Squash, peppers, tomatoes.
- Seeds: Flax seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Protein: Shrimps, tofu, meat, edamame.
- Sauce: Dragon sauce, peanut sauce, Asian sauce.
In this bowl, I chose barley, tofu, radishes, green beans, carrots, Dragon sauce (from Aux Vivres) and sesame seeds, mmmm!
The bowls are delicious and can help you use your leftovers in your fridge, so I like to do these practically every week. What are your favorite bowl recipes?